|Client:||Regional District of Fraser-Fort George|
|Location:||Prince George, BC|
XCG developed the Closure Plan for the Valemount Regional Landfill. The plan was completed to meet the current Landfill Criteria and included the following:
• Leachate management;
• Surface water management;
• Landfill gas management;
• Environmental monitoring; and
• Regulatory requirements.
The key objectives of the Closure Plan were to:
• Reduce the leachate generation rate to ensure continued compliance with respect to groundwater quality;
• Maximize evapotranspiration;
• Meet the Landfill Permit requirements for site restoration; and
• Make use of locally available cover materials where possible to allow for ease of construction.
The resultant Closure Plan is a comprehensive and integrated design document which addresses all of the aforementioned objectives. The Closure Plan includes a detailed closure and post-closure strategy for the existing landfill footprint, providing approximately 29,000 square metres of final cover.
Project Gallery – Click an image to enlarge.