Civil Project Engineer / Civil Technician
XCG’s solid waste team offers a full range of solid waste management services to public and private clients. As a part of XCG’s solid waste team, you will work with the team to complete environmental reporting and detailed designs for various solid waste projects across Canada. Reporting will include Annual Operations and Monitoring Reporting, and Design, Operations and Closure Plans among other reporting for landfill sites. Detailed landfill designs to include detailed design drawings, specifications, tender documents, and contract administration.
XCG is looking for a self motivated, energetic individual who wants the responsibility and ownership associated with working on their own projects, directly with clients all while working as a part of a team to deliver quality work with tight schedules. It is also essential that you have good interpersonal, problem-solving, organizational, time-management, and decision-making skills. A demonstrated ability to successfully market civil engineering services to potential clients in Western Canada is also an asset.
As an integral member of our team of professionals, the successful candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of two to six years of experience in the civil engineering industry;
- P. Eng. designation/eligible for registration with APEGA or C. Tech, C.E.T., P. Tech. designation / eligible for registration with ASET;
- Experience with engineering design, specifications, and tendering;
- Experience with AutoCAD or Civil 3D design software;
- Project management experience;
- Experience with regulatory approvals;
- Experience managing design and construction projects; and
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta
XCG offers a dynamic work environment that fosters initiative and ingenuity, and the opportunity to work on challenging projects and liaise with a highly qualified team of experts.
XCG provides opportunities for professional growth and development, a healthy work-life balance, and offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including a pension plan. If you meet the requirements above and are looking for a new and challenging career, please forward your resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XCG Consulting Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.