Environmental Field Technologist/Technician
The successful candidate should be a graduate of a recognized environmental technology program from a community college and be a quick learner. Your responsibilities will include supporting XCG’s project managers and coordinators in delivering excellence to our valued clients. More specifically:
• Soil, Groundwater, Surface Water and Sediment sampling and monitoring using various methods and monitoring with handheld and automatic instrumentation.
• Oversight and direction of contractors and sub-contractors.
• Observing and logging boreholes and the installation of monitoring wells.
• Routine groundwater sampling.
• Remediation monitoring and documentation.
• Assisting with remediation activities.
• Field equipment maintenance and inventory.
• Reporting to project co-ordinators, managers and clients.
• Some report writing and data interpretation and analysis.
• Understanding of hydrogeological processes and soil structures.
• Some working knowledge of analytical chemistry.
• Microsoft Office – Word and Excel.
• Borehole logging, use of handheld vapour monitors, water level tapes.
• Basic Surveying Skills.
• Excellent oral and written and communication skills.
• Organized time management and note taking professional demeanor.
• Class G license and automobile.
• Basic AutoCAD skills would be an asset.
This position will require the successfully individual to spend the majority of their time outdoors on jobsites, in all types of weather, and is not a project manager role.
Kitchener, ON, Canada
XCG offers a dynamic work environment that fosters initiative and ingenuity, provides opportunities for professional growth and development, and offers competitive salaries along with a generous benefits package. If you meet the requirements above and are looking for a new and challenging career, please forward your resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at .
XCG Consulting Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.