Environmental Field Technologist/Technician
The successful candidate should be a graduate of a recognized environmental technology program from a community college and will have at least two years of relevant experience in the areas identified below. Your responsibilities will include supporting XCG’s project managers and coordinators in delivering excellence to our valued clients. More specifically:
- Perform Phase I & II Environmental Assessments.
- Complete Property Condition Assessments for a variety of purposes, including property transactions and reserve fund/capital planning.
- Oversight and direction of contractors and sub-contractors.
- Observing and logging boreholes and the installation of monitoring wells.
- Conduct soil vapour assessments.
- Remediation monitoring and documentation.
- Assisting with remediation activities.
- Field equipment maintenance and inventory.
- Reporting to project co-ordinators and managers.
- Some report writing and data interpretation and analysis.
- Skills Required:
Understanding of hydrogeological processes and soil structures.
- A general knowledge of building systems.
- Some working knowledge of analytical chemistry.
- Microsoft Office – Word and Excel.
- Borehole logging, use of handheld vapour monitors, water level tapes.
- Basic surveying skills.
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills.
- Organized time management and note taking.
- Professional demeanor.
- Class G license and automobile.
- Basic AutoCAD skills would be an asset.
XCG offers a dynamic work environment that fosters initiative and ingenuity, and the opportunity to work on challenging projects and liaise with a highly qualified team of experts.
XCG provides opportunities for professional growth and development, a healthy work-life balance, and offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including a pension plan. If you meet the requirements above and are looking for a new and challenging career, please forward your resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XCG Consulting Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.