Intermediate Professional Engineer/Geoscientist
XCG Consulting Limited (XCG) is seeking an intermediate engineer/geoscientist with experience in environmental site assessment and remediation for our Kitchener office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, ensuring quality of services and client satisfaction, and project profitability;
• Management and mentoring of junior staff;
• Coordination and managing subcontractors;
• Business development;
• Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, legal counsel, regulatory agency personnel, and other parties; and
• At times, job may also include out of town travel and fieldwork including collection of samples, remedial system operations, drilling and remedial contractor oversight and/or construction oversight.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• A minimum of eight years of experience in consulting engineering;
• An appropriate professional designation for the Province of Ontario, such as Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist;
• Knowledge of current environmental regulations in Ontario (including Regulation 153/04 and Regulation 406/19, as amended);
• A strong site assessment and remediation background;
• An ability to successfully market environmental consulting services to potential and repeat clients in Ontario;
• Knowledge and experience in the areas of hydrogeology, contaminant migration, environmental site assessment and risk assessments would also be assets;
• Exceptional report writing and verbal communication skills; and
• Project coordination and management experience.
If you meet the job requirements and are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then XCG is the right environment for you. Respond with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Kitchener, ON, Canada