Solid Waste Professional
XCG Consulting Limited (XCG) is seeking an intermediate solid waste professional to work in either our Edmonton or Kitchener location. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, energetic individual who wants the responsibility and ownership associated with working on their own projects, directly with clients all while working as part of a team to delivery quality work with tight schedules.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Task and project management, including planning and implementing solid waste projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, ensuring quality of services and client satisfaction, and project profitability;
• Management and mentoring of junior staff;
• Coordination and managing subcontractors;
• Business development;
• Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, legal counsel, regulatory agency personnel and other parties; and
• At times, job may also include out of town travel and onsite fieldwork including contractor oversight and/or construction oversight.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• A minimum of four to eight years of experience in solid waste related industry;
• An appropriate professional designation or eligible for registration with PEO, APEGA or C-Tech, C.E.T., P.Tech designation/eligible for registration with ASET;
• Experience with landfill design and operations plans;
• Project coordination and management experience;
• Experience with regulatory approvals;
• Experience managing design and construction projects;
• Exceptional report writing and verbal communication skills;
• A demonstrated ability to successfully market solid waste services throughout Canada is an asset; and
• Good interpersonal, problem-solving, organization, time-management and decision making skills.
If you meet the job requirements and are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then XCG is the right environment for you. Respond with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Edmonton, AB, Canada / Kitchener, ON, Canada