Solid Waste Engineer
XCG Consulting Limited (XCG) has a current opening for a junior to intermediate level Solid Waste Engineer at our Kitchener office. Your experience should include direct experience related to all types of solid waste management facilities, including transfer station, public drop off, composting, material and energy recovery, and landfill facilities. Your involvement with conceptual and detailed design development, permitting and approvals, operations and maintenance plans, closure and costing will be important.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Task and project responsibilities, including assisting Project Managers with planning and implementing detailed design and permitting projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, ensuring quality of services and client satisfaction, and project profitability;
• Coordination and managing subcontractors;
• Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, legal counsel, regulatory agency personnel, and other parties; and
• At times, job may also include out of town travel and fieldwork including collection of samples, site visits, drilling and remedial contractor oversight, and/or construction oversight.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• A minimum of two to four years of experience in consulting engineering;
• Professional Engineer or candidate for designation for the Province of Ontario. Potential designation in Alberta and British Columbia would be an asset;
• Knowledge of current environmental regulations in Ontario (including Regulation 153/04 and Regulations 347/90 and 232/98);
• Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software packages;
• A good understanding of grading, site layout, site servicing, stormwater management;
• A strong conceptual and detailed design background;
• Knowledge and experience in the areas of hydrogeology, contaminant migration, environmental site assessment and risk assessments would also be assets;
• Exceptional report writing and verbal communication skills; and
• Project coordination and management experience.
If you meet the job requirements and are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then XCG is the right environment for you.
Respond with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitchener, ON, Canada